A Look Into The Telem Group’s Efforts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Given the impact of this global pandemic the Telem Group has implemented the below strategies to assist St. Marteen at this time :
- We have opened a free-of-charge emergency number (914), that is being redirected to Government Department of Epidemiology
- We have opened an SMS number named CORONA_INFO from which Government can send free-of-charge SMS info messages to our residents
- We have produced Social Distancing billboards that have been placed on strategic locations on SXM
- We have produced flyers that have been distributed (or are being distributed) to all households on SXM; in 4 languages English, Spanish, French and Créole to inform and educate
- Our TV channels have regular infomercials
- We have distributed SIM cards and Free credit to all Hospital workers on Sint Maarten
- We have launched a “Double Data” campaign for our Mobile Prepaid users (Double the amount of data for the same price)
- We are not disconnecting any of our Residents from our fixed and Broadband (internet) services if their invoice is due
- Collaborating with local grocery stores who are now carrying out home delivery to residents whereby Top Up is now easily accessible to all citizens through this venture.
- We are providing the option of increased bandwidth for government, schools, businesses and residents upon request of the customer.