A Look Into The Telem Group’s Efforts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID19, Industry News, media, News, Press Releases, Telecom News
Given the impact of this global pandemic the Telem Group has implemented the below strategies to assist St. Marteen at this time :
- We have opened a free-of-charge emergency number (914), that is being redirected to Government Department of Epidemiology
- We have opened an SMS number named CORONA_INFO from which Government can send free-of-charge SMS info messages to our residents
- We have produced Social Distancing billboards that have been placed on strategic locations on SXM
- We have produced flyers that have been distributed (or are being distributed) to all households on SXM; in 4 languages English, Spanish, French and Créole to inform and educate
- Our TV channels have regular infomercials
- We have distributed SIM cards and Free credit to all Hospital workers on Sint Maarten
- We have launched a “Double Data” campaign for our Mobile Prepaid users (Double the amount of data for the same price)
- We are not disconnecting any of our Residents from our fixed and Broadband (internet) services if their invoice is due
- Collaborating with local grocery stores who are now carrying out home delivery to residents whereby Top Up is now easily accessible to all citizens through this venture.
- We are providing the option of increased bandwidth for government, schools, businesses and residents upon request of the customer.