CANTO is a non-profit association made up of operators, organizations, companies and individuals in the ICT (telecommunications) sector. The Association has a Caribbean focus as it relates to ICT issues for the region with a global perspective.
The policy strategy of the association is directed by a board of directors appointed by the membership. This strategy is executed by the staff of a permanent Secretariat located in Trinidad and Tobago. The association’s activities are financed through the contributions of the members as well as other revenue generating projects.
CANTO consists of a general assembly, a board of directors, and a Secretariat, headed by a Secretary General who is supported by an Operations & Human Resource Manager, Finance & Administration Manager and a Service Development Manager.
CANTO has an array of services specially designed with our members in mind. CANTO continues to develop and remodel its service portfolio to reflect the changing needs of its members.
- Annual Conference and Trade Exhibition
- ICT Training & Workshops
- ICT Periodicals
For a full list if services visit: Canto-Services
CANTO membership is categorized by Active, Affiliate, and Honorary. The following benefits are enjoyed by all members:
- Excellent networking and partnership opportunities
- Attendance at all CANTO’s events
- Participation in the working committees of the board
- Discounts on Online Educational Training & Development with Laureate Online Education
- Free copies of the quarterly magazine “Cancion” and CANTO’s annual directory
For a full list of benefits visit: Benefits Of Being A Member of CANTO
CANTO has eight (8) working committees which support the board in assisting the Organization achieve its objectives. TOR of the CANTO Working Committees
- Marketing and Communications Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Disaster Recovery Planning Committee
- Financial Advisory Committee
- Regulations Committee
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee
- Vendor/ Supplier Working Committee
- Technology Working Committee