Rules & Criteria
1. Participants must be citizens of CANTO’s member countries: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Cayman Island, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, French Guyana, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, and the Turks & Caicos.
2. All members of the Team Must have valid travel documents for entry into Puerto Rico, USA, including a passport and United States Visa as well as any required documents. All members must be available to travel on the dates of the competition.
3. (5) Teams of different countries representing that must consist of three (3) persons per team 2 Live, One Virtual in a country. Age Range 18-37. Must submit Prototype model in order to qualify. Social media requirements. Facebook and/or Twitter account. Team Video footage. Qualified Teams will be required to submit a 5 minute video about their Team Members, Platforms, incubation affiliates or working institution. Video must answer the question. (A) Why do you qualify as the best team of entrepreneurs and innovators to represent your respective country at CANTO 2nd Annual CODE in Puerto Rico? (B) Prove it!!!! Invite their fellow supporters to vote on social media using: #CANTOCODE2.0,#CANTOCODE( Country)(Team Name)
4. Teams must own the copyright or have expressed permission (in writing) to all pictures, sounds, and assets used in the creation of the submission. All software used must be licensed copies. Participants accept liability for any copyright infringements.
5. Teams must apply under a group name, and subsequently list the names, identify a team leader and details of the individuals within that group on the registration form. All rewards and delegation over to the group leader as identified on the registration form
7. Complete authorization (sign) of all documents by taking part in the competition you warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete at the time of submission. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your details and email address are accurate, and that CANTO is informed of any changes to these.
8. By participating in this Competition, the applicant agrees to release CANTO, DSS, and PIEDATA, their sponsors, advertising and promotions agencies, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Competition.
9. The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property or property related rights;
10. The Submission must not contain material that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
11. All members must participate, during the 48 Hour period at least 2 Member of each team is required to be presently working on their solutions at all times. At no time can a full team take a break all at the same time during the competition. Food, Drinks, Caffeine, and, Energizer will be provided during the competition.
The selection process will be administered by a highly qualified panel of judges. These judges will review team submissions with reference to judging criteria and determine, in its sole discretion, the winning teams by 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.
● Business Potential
● UI/UX Design/ Functionality
● The Pitch- Ability to present/pitch their creation
● Team Scalability (SME) Social Media Engagement,
*Judges Decisions are Final.
All qualifications will be administered by a panel of judges consisting of CANTO, DSS, and PIEDATA. In order to qualify, all candidates must fit the criteria and abide by contest rules and regulations stated. We encourage everyone that qualifies to apply, however we are looking to identify high level and experienced candidates “Teams” to represent their countries and compete on a regional level. Remember, there will only be one team per country selected, therefore we encourage every country to propose their best programmers/designers to represent their region. Countries will be evaluated based on the same standards equally such as Teamwork, Product, Leader Ability, Market Scalability, and Functionality.