WTISD Video Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read the full Terms and Conditions. By participating in this Competition, you undertake to comply with and abide by these Rules and provide all information required. You understand that any failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The competition winners will be announced on May 17th, 2020 and the winners will be notified by e-mail, as well as published on CANTO’s website and social networking sites
- Students may submit one (1) video (not exceeding three (3) minutes) on the topic: “Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” via private message on CANTO’s Facebook Account or via email as an attachment or using wetransfer ( or the like) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The World Telecommunication Information and Society Day Video Competition is open to residents of any CANTO member country
- Entrant must be enrolled in a recognized educational institution
- Entrant must be between the ages of 13-21.
- Only one (1) video per entrant.
- Team entries are allowed and encouraged, however, only one prize will be awarded for the winning video
- The video must be based on the theme: “Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” The video must be your own original creation – no copyrighted music, video, sounds or images may be used without prior, full permission from the author(s) of said copyrighted music, video, sounds or images that you wish to include.
- The video may be in any language however if any language other than English is used then subtitles must be accompany the video
- The video must not contain violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified
- The video must not infringe on any third party rights
- The video must not have been produced for compensation or posted previously on any web page
- The video name must include the full name of the entrant
- The registration form must be completed and submitted before forwarding video.
- Completed registration form on or before May 1st, must be forwarded and delivered to :
Email Subject Line: CANTO WTISD Video Competition 2020
- Deadline for receipt of Video and Registration Form is May 1st, 2020
- Entrant must own or have access to a Facebook Account
- Entries must comply with all Facebook ™ legal guidelines
- The publication of the video becomes the property of CANTO.
- Videos may be edited, used in whole or in part for promotional or any other purpose, including placing them online (e.g., on www.canto.org) or published in any of CANTO’s Website or posted on any of CANTO’s Social Network accounts without any additional compensation.
- CANTO reserves the right to use prizewinners’ names and countries/island in any advertising or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the winners.
- By submitting a video, each student acknowledges his or her understanding of and compliance with these rules
- You agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so, according to the terms of the video release form. The prize may only be taken as stated and cannot be changed. There will be no cash alternatives
- CANTO does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries
- Entrants must supply full details as required by the registration form, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently
- As submissions are received, CANTO will vet all entries for suitability.
- Winners will be selected on or before May 17th, 2020 and will be notified via email/phone.
- Winning entries will also be posted online at http://www.canto.org/wtisd
- All winners will be required to submit a self-portrait and short biography following notification
- First prize winner may be required to create a follow up video after the CANTO 2020 experience
- Winners must provide proof of identification
- All entrants must ensure that they have all the necessary valid travel documents (US VISA)
- US$500 (Travel Bursary) will be awarded to the first prize winner in the event that he/she resides in the host country of the CANTO Annual Conference and Trade Exhibition
- First prize winner will not be covered for transportation and meals from within their respective country
- Winners are responsible for ALL taxes including custom duties and or departure taxes
- If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, CANTO reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
- The Judges’ decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above, and neither the Judges nor CANTO will respond to correspondence justifying its decision.
- CANTO reserves the right to modify or cancel the Competition or any of the arrangements, schedules, plans or other items directly or indirectly related to the Competition, at any time and for any reason if deemed necessary in its opinion.
- Entrants agree to indemnify and hold the CANTO, its personnel and agents, harmless from any third party claims for loss, damage, prejudice, liability or expense suffered as a result of or in any manner in connection with your video entry, any other of your acts or omissions or any information which you provided.
- Participation in the Competition, including being selected to receive a prize, in no manner constitutes an endorsement or support by CANTO of your views or aims or of any products or services. You shall not advertise or otherwise claim to have obtained any such endorsement or support. CANTO name and logo are the property of CANTO and should not be used in any manner whatsoever without the prior consent of CANTO. CANTO must approve in writing any statement, advertisement, press release or similar communication in any media, relating to your participation in the Competition.
- CANTO employees and direct relatives are not eligible to enter competition.